Main Street is Here to Help
Have an in-store special event? Click here to place on our Calendar of Events!
Have an Anniversary, grand-reopening, or remodeled space? Click Here and we can help you plan a Ribbon Cutting Celebration!
For more in-depth resources, Main Street Middletown offers the following programs to assist our Main Street Businesses:
- Façade Improvement Program: Main Street Middletown has developed a Façade Improvement Program for property owners in the Main Street District. This fund will match up to 50% of your project costs depending on the variable grant amount we are awarded year-to-year. Click Here to download guidelines and application.
- NEW – Community Investment Tax Credit Program – Main Street Middletown is excited to announce that we were selected to be part of this program sponsored by the Maryland Department of Housing and Economic Development. Donors who make contributions to Main Street Middletown, MD Inc that are $500 or more are eligible for a state tax credit on their Maryland tax returns. This fund is limited and available for 2019 and 2020. For more information, please contact the Main Street Manager.
- Construction Mitigation: Main Street created a handy booklet to assist our businesses as they prepare for the upcoming SHA Streetscape improvement project. Click here to download your copy!
- Sign Up for Our Constant Contact Newsletter
- Follow Us on Facebook
- Join our Closed Facebook Group just for Main Street Business Owners
ADDITIONAL BUSINESS INCENTIVES!
Town of Middletown Tax Credit – For improvements made to commercial structures within the Town limits, the new assessed value of the improved property will be taxed at 20% the first year, 40% the second year, 60% the third year, 80% the fourth year, and the full amount in the fifth year after project completion. For more information, call the Town Administrator at 301-371-6171.
SBA Small Business Loan Programs – Banks and other lending institutions offer a number of SBA loan programs to assist small businesses. While SBA itself does not make loans, it does guarantee loans made to small businesses by private and other institutions.
Frederick County Small Business Loan Program – This program provides a source of financing for existing and aspiring small businesses in Frederick County. Loans up to $50,000 are available for growth-related expansions. For more information, call 301-600-1967 or www.discoverfrederickmd.com
Neighborhood Business Works Loan Program – administered through the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development, this program provides gap financing up to $75,000 to new or expanding small businesses in Maryland. Projects must be in a designated Sustainable Community (Middletown has that designation). For more information, visit www.neighborhoodrevitalization.org/Programs
Federal Historic Preservation Tax Credit – Administered by the National Park Service, this program provides a federal income tax credit, based on the qualified rehabilitation costs of a certified historic structure. More information on this program is available at the Maryland Historical Trust at 410-514-7620
Maryland Sustainable Communities Rehabilitation Tax Credit – This program provides a state income tax credit and is available for commercial, income producing properties (including office, retail, rental housing, etc). Visit the Maryland Historical Trust to view requirements and forms or call 410-514-7628.
Additional Business Resources: